Discover how forgiveness can save your life!
Everyone has a story. Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anybody can start today and make a new tomorrow. Forgive to Live can help you start a better journey. Many people blame others for the problems in their life, but who is ultimately responsible for your happiness?
Forgive to Live program
In conjunction with Florida Hospital and the Stanford University School of Medicine, Dr. Dick Tibbits conducted a study of how anger and forgiveness affect health. The findings of this study became the Forgive to Live program.
During the six-weeks, you will watch a short presentation by Dr Tibbits, explaining his findings about forgiveness and how to incorporate this knowledge in facilitating your own forgiveness journey.
There will then be a series of questions to prompt you to reflect and engage in your forgiveness journey.
A six week program
- My Life is Your Fault – many people blame others for the problems in their life, but who is ultimately responsible for your happiness?
- Living Rent-free in Your Head – we are affected emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually when we continually relive the hurts of the past.
- Choosing Forgiveness – our future happiness is determined by the choices that we make today. As someone once said, “All the flowers of all our tomorrows are in the seeds of today.”
- Re-framing the Past – re-framing helps you to see the actions of those who you feel have wronged you, as well as your reaction, with new insights that enable you to see things outside the narrow perspective of your hurt.
- From Bitter to Better – continual anger can make your life and the lives of those around you miserable and unhappy. Recognising your anger is an important step in being able to forgive.
- Personal Forgiveness – guilt and shame can cause us to live under a cloud of self-condemnation which can produce the same unhappiness and negative affects as being hurt by others.
Have you tried forgiveness before and failed? Want to know how you can effectively forgive so you can move on with your life? Why not participate in the Forgive to Live program, so that you can let go of your past, and move on to a new and more exciting future.
For more information or to book contact us here.
Who is Dr. Dick Tibbits?
He is the AUTHOR of Forgive To Live!
Dr. Dick Tibbits has worked in the field of behavioral and spiritual health for over thirty years. He has used his training in behavioral sciences to assist tens of thousands of people in achieving whole person health and designing life strategies that work in both the corporate world and private life. Dr. Tibbits has his doctoral degree in psychology and is a licensed professional mental health counselor. He is also is a certified Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor (ACPE). He has trained at the Harvard University Mind-Body-Spirit Institute and has worked collaboratively with Stanford University and Florida Hospital on his pioneering forgiveness research. In addition to his 20 years of clinical work, Dr. Tibbits is an ordained minister with ten years of pastoral ministry experience. He has served as an adjunct professor at Fuller Theological Seminary, United Theological Seminary, and Andrews University Theological Seminary. Dr. Tibbits currently serves as Chief People Officer (CPO) at Florida Hospital-the largest admitting hospital in America-overseeing 16,000 employees.